Delicate aromas of forest fruits and cherries.
Fine-grained, ripe tannins accompany its beautiful acid range to give it elegance, persistence and a long finish.
- elevation of vineyard: 230 to 250 m.a.s.l.
- hillside vineyard in Entiklar/Niclara | South/south-eastern exposure
- calcareous clay soils on porphyry rock
The grapes are harvested by hand.
Fermentation on the skins in concrete vats followed by malolactic fermentation and a 12-month aging period in small oaken barrels. After a further six months in large wooden casks, the wine ages for another year in the bottle.
- 12 months in small oaken barrels (barriques)
- 6 months in large wooden casks
- 12 months maturation in the bottle
Dark ruby-red color with violet reflexes.
Red meat, game, poultry, strong hard cheese.