Growing Conditions

Clay and gravel.


75 percent of the grapes are de-stemmed, while the remaining 25 percent go whole into the fermentation tanks. Fermentation with the skins lasts approx. 10
days; during this phase the solid parts are kept loosely submerged in the must by
pumping over to keep them moist, and pushing them down.
The Pinot Nero Michei di Michei a is matured for one year in small oak casks,
after which a homogeneous blend is made and the wine matured for a further six
months in traditional oak barrels followed by 12 months in bottle before release.

Food Pairing

Red meats, lamb, poultry, game, and venison.